CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A little bit of Disney

Waiting anxiously at the airport
Cinderella's Castle
This is one of Easton's favorite pics of Britton and Landon
Chad and Landon picking the monkey's nose at the Tree of Life
Always the charmer!


Everyone loves the teacups, especially at 1:00 in the morning!
Chip and Dale were lots of fun
The one ride I sat out on. I don't spin!
Landon and I on the bus on the way home.

It's good to be home. While we had a really good time, the crowds were terrible. My piece of advice for anyone planning a trip to Disney World...Don't go the week before and weekend of Labor Day. It was packed. Other than the crowds, we had a nice time. It only rained one day and that wasn't until the afternoon when we were at Hollywood Studios, so we had done everything we wanted to do there anyway.


The kids were shocked when we got to the airport. We pulled into our parking place and immediately a shuttle pulled up behind us. Chad explained to the driver that it was going to take a few minutes because our kids didn't know they were going to Disney. I told the kids to get out of the car and give Dadddy a hug because we wouldn't see him for a few days. While they were getting out, Chad got the shirts I had made and asked them to put them on so I could take a picture. They put them on and and didn't get it. Then I told them to stand next to each other and see if they could figure it out. After a couple of tries they got it and asked when they were going to go. We said, "Right NOW!". They started screaming and jumping up and down and couldn't believe they were going. Of course, planner Landon was concerned about school, getting tickets, having his clothes and on and on, but I told him we had taken care of everything. The only time they had questioned anything was when they got in the car from school and said that Daddy really had a lot of suitcases to take with him, which Chad and I couldn't help but laugh. I had told them on the way to the airport that we would try to do something fun before we came back home because they were wanting to stay in Memphis at a hotel for the night. They had talked themselves into thinking that we would stop by Jump Zone on the way back home. It was pretty funny.

They loved all the rides, and we rode everything. Their favorites were Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, Soarin' and Test Track at Epcot and Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Railroad at Magic Kingdom. We met several characters and got pics and autographs. It was 3 days before we ever saw Mickey Mouse and Landon was getting concerned. We finally found him though and he was really fun with the kids.

Animal Kingdom and Epcot were our favorites. I loved the shows, especially the Lion King Show. Don't miss it if you go. Nemo and Beauty and the Beast were really good also.

Easton did fantastic with Mom and Dad. He had a great time and only asked about us once. I talked to him on the phone a few times and he sounded so big. I think he put on 10 pounds while we were gone. Mamaw and Grandpa took him to his favorite restaurant (he calls it Mexico) a couple of times and I think he definitely ate well. My brother and his family came down for the weekend and really helped to keep him entertained. He loves Uncle Rusty tickling him. Thanks Mom, Dad, Rusty, Tiffany, Ben and Grace for watching over my baby while we were gone!

2 comments:

The Laird's said...

How much fun, I'm glad ya'll are back and had a great time!

Tina said...

I love the pics they are great. It sounds like ya'll had a great time, and Easton did too. Hope you have a great week. We are feeding the teens breakfast at our house tomorrow at 6:45 so I've got to get to bed. Or maybe I would do better just to stay up!?! Talk to you again soon.
Love,
Tina