CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

All out of Love


For Landon's birthday, we got him an MP3 player. He has loved it! Now, Landon is not your typical 8 year old boy who listens to boy bands and alternative music. He is exactly like his father (and mother for that matter). We love the '80s! Especially 80's pop and love songs. (Yes, Chad loves Luther Vandross and Lionel Ritchie and Whitney.) Anyway, as I walk down the hall yesterday, I hear him in his room belting out "I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you, I know you were right, believing for so long" with all his soul. I laughed and laughed and laughed. It was like he had experienced this personally and had to share his remorse with the world. I love my kids and those little moments that will stick with you forever. This was one of those moments. I'm sure as I'm retelling this story to his high school friends in about 10 years, he won't find it as humorous though.


1 comments:

Tina said...

Your post made me laugh! I can't believe he listens to that kind of music. Your children are so beautiful. I'm glad things are going well for ya'll. Hope you had a good week. Ladies retreat was really good. I was kind of disappointed in the turn out. :( Janna and I stayed up til about 4:45. And we "sang" kareokee- ok I can't spell or sing. But it was fun.