CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

Landon with his teacher, Mrs. Jackson
Britton and Mrs. Moore

Back to school! I don't know who dreaded it more, me or the kids. We have really enjoyed our relaxing summer, staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning and sleeping in until 9 or 10. It's really been nice. Then having to get up yesterday at 6:15 was a bit of shell shock for us. We made it though. They were both a little nervous, but no tears. This has been the first year for Britton to not shed any. I can't believe she's in 4th grade! Landon was more nervous and fussed about having to go, but once he got all of his supplies in their proper places, he felt a little more at ease.




Mom, Easton, and I then went shopping, so I didn't have time to dwell on my kids growing up and shedding tears, which I usually do. We had a nice day out and didn't get back until it was time to pick them up. I did miss having "breakfast with the girls" though. Did my El D. friends do that this year? I miss you guys!




I hope everyone has a great year!

1 comments:

Tina said...

I missed the breakfast this year too. I opened lockers at Washington Middle School with Tyler and his classmates. Maybe I'll get breakfast out later. I'm glad your kids had a good day. Lacey loves her teacher and class. She has made some new friends already. Tyler has lots of familiar faces in his rooms and his teachers seem nice. Just a lot different than Northwest. Have a good week. PS I miss staying up late and sleeping in. Too bad they don't have classes start around 10. :)