CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My husband is a Hall of Famer!

O.k., maybe not NFL Hall of Fame, but a very distinguished honor. Last weekend Chad was inducted into Arkansas Tech University's Hall of Distinction. That is the highest honor anyone can receive from that college. Arkansas Tech is where he played college football and was drafted from by the Pittsburgh Steelers. This weekend they inducted all athletes that had, in any sport, been All-Americans. There were 35. We had a nice luncheon and great video of each athlete and then awards. The stories of each athlete were amazing and to be included in such a talented group of people was really something special for Chad. I always knew he was a great athlete, but his football years were before I met him, so I never actually realized how talented he really was. It was really a special time and I am really proud of him!


Receiving his award
The kids were so proud of their Daddy
Maxie Mathis, just one of the many talented athletes
that Chad had great memories of.

Back in the day (as Chad would say)





2 comments:

Tina said...

Yea Chad!!! We are proud of you too. I'm glad ya'll had a good weekend! I love the pic of Chad "back in the day". I used to be thin "back in the day". Old pictures are fun to look at! Have a great week! Take care. Love Ya'll!

Cara said...

Congratulations, Chad! We are all so proud of you!