CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Run, Baby, Run!

Easton ran his first race! And Landon ran his 3rd! It was a fundraiser for a local youth ranch for kids ages 3-13. Britton signed up, reluctantly, but decided to go on a hayride instead. So the boys and I went to the Country Club for the run. Easton's age group (3-5) ran 1/4 mile and Landon's group (6-8) ran 1/2 mile. Poor Easton was a basket case with all the little kids running around. We had talked about it all week and he said he would do it even though I would be standing on the sidelines. Of course, as he was waiting for his group to go he got cold feet and said he wasn't going to do it. So, I, along with a few other parents, ran with him. Thank goodness I put my tennis shoes on before we went. I could have used a better bra though!! I must have been a sight with me going one way and "the girls" going the opposite way! (All you large chested women out there know what I'm talking about!) Anyway, we made it to the finish line and Easton got his medal. There weren't any "places" since it was just a fun run, but we didn't come in last. Landon did well. He tripped and fell after they took off, but made up a lot of ground. My camera battery went dead after Easton's race, so I didn't get any pics of Landon running. The boys before the race
Easton looking a little nervous
(Doesn't he look like Landon in this picture?)

Run, Easton.
I'm trying to take pictures as I'm running along behind since Chad was in Birmingham at a football game.


Telling Daddy he finished the race



Two proud boys!



2 comments:

heather said...

Great for the bosy and he does look like Landon! And I think your and Your Girls dererved a medal two!
You're such a grea mom.
Love, Hef

Misty said...

fun! if i were in your shoes, i would have been more impressed that i was able to cross the finish line. love you guys!